Monday, January 14, 2008

And Now for Some Good News...

Success! This weekend I learned that one of my sonnets, "Noir, #28" (from May 21, 2006) was selected as a finalist in The Formalist's 2007 Howard Nemerov Annual Sonnet Competition! Though it did not win the grand prize (which was literally a grand--$1000), as a finalist it will be published in the 2008 issue of Measure: an Annual Review of Formal Poetry. The Formalist and Measure have previously published poetry by such luminaries as Seamus Heaney, Richard Wilbur, Miller Williams, X. J. Kennedy, and Sonnet Boy poetry-hero Jack Butler. So it's kind of a big deal.

The issue containing my poem will be out in late spring or early summer, according to my acceptance letter. I'm not sure what stores carry it, but I am sure it'll be available through their website. Oh, and I took the sonnet down from The Sonnet Project when I entered it in the contest. So look for it in print!

1 comment:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I'm so proud to know someone famous! Yay!