Monday, May 27, 2013

V. 2, #60: May 27, 2013

When she was just a child, there on the floor
amidst her building bricks and bits of string,
she learned what many kids had learned before:
with the right parts, you can make anything.

And so through school and university
she studied what things fit, and where, and how;
she struggled on through all adversity
and failed experiments (Bug-Dog; Cat-Cow).

Till finally she saw it in a dream--
amino acids lined like Lego blocks!
She woke and wrote it down--then, gaining steam,
accomplished it, breaking all Nature's locks.

Now Jaguar-Eagle hybrids rule the skies,
and she smiles, polishing her Nobel Prize.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I don't care if it's art--it makes me smile. :)

Inspired by my daughter sitting in the floor playing with Legos. Once I got the idea for the mad scientist inspired by Legos, I asked her what two animals she would join if she could put together any two to create a new beast. She chose the jaguar-eagle, or as she coined it, "the eaguar." I think that's just spiffy.