Wednesday, May 10, 2006

#17: May 10, 2006

I'm not a very handsome guy, it's true.
My nose is flat, for starters, like a pug's.
I've got the kind of voice that sometimes bugs
a person. And my breath can be bad too.

My figure is rectangular at best;
at worst, a pear. There's no need to dissemble.
And my butt may kindly be said to resemble
two hairy saddlebags when I'm undressed.

In fact, I'm so relentlessly repulsive
I don't know how my mirror doesn't crack,
nor how my coworkers maintain the tact
required to see me and not go convulsive.

And yet, Beautiful, you don't seem to mind.
How fortunate for me you are so blind.

2 comments:

Scott Roche said...

Awwwwww...

Unknown said...

This is fun in the Shakespearean "My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun," except turned on the poet. I did a number like this on myself in LLR. It's fun to make fun of oneself. Nice handling of the form, and nice summation at the end, again reminding me of the Bard.