Monday, May 15, 2006

#18: May 11, 2006

Now, I don't want to sound like Mr. No--
I don't go in for negativity
for its own sake--but still, you ought to know
something, and best you hear it now, from me.

Don't look at me like that. I know it sounds
ominous, especially introduced like that,
but it's really not that bad. Trust me, no grounds
for getting all upset right off the bat.

All right, enough's enough. Let's have it out
and have it done. Bad news is best served hot.
Besides, you probably know what it's about--
or imagined something even worse, if not.

All right--the thing I've been trying to say:
I could not come up with a poem today.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Written Thursday, May 11, en route from Little Rock to San Francisco.

Unknown said...

Delightful tomfoolery, in the "since I can't write I'll write about not being able to write" vein. Nice echoes of meaning on the exact rhyme "No/know."