Tuesday, July 25, 2006

#92: July 24, 2006

"Here's something neat: just hold in in your hand--
you see, it's not too heavy, nicely orbed
and spongy, so your palm sweat is absorbed.
The thing just drinks it dry--you understand?

"Now, hold it up and turn it, very slow,
and in a moment you'll--did you see that?
There, underneath...look, before it goes flat!
That odd protrusion pushing out below...

"There, now it's gone. Don't ask me what it was.
I bought the thing last week in Chinatown.
Get this: the man called it a Devil's Egg.
Strange--then last night I thought I heard it buzz
like a hornet's nest, and dreamed a scaly leg...
Hmm? No, man, just a dream. There, put it down."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to #91?

Anonymous said...

Oops, please disregard. :)

Scott said...

That's weird...I don't know why they're suddenly out of order... I'll see if I can fix it.

Scott said...

There, it's fixed. Apparently when you publish several on the same day, then edit one, it goes to the bottom. Weird. I'll have to get back to once-a-day posting to keep it straight. :)