Saturday, June 24, 2006

#62: June 24, 2006

Thea, my girl, my beautiful flower,
amazingly is two years old today--
the sparkle of whose jeweled eyes has the power
to stutter my hearbeat, and make me sway;

Her smile a slice of sweet and fruity pie
that makes me rush to nibble at her neck,
sipping at giggles like a butterfly
(I mix my metaphors, but what the heck).

Daughter, you make your dad so drunk with glee,
so helpless in his sloppy happiness;
an ancient bug on prehistoric trees
awash in sap, but happy nonetheless--

Lucky in this fate he has not deserved:
In amber beauty he may be preserved.

3 comments:

Serena said...

Aw, what a beautiful tribute to your little girl.

Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday to Thea. We are horrible friends...

Scott Roche said...

Awwwwww squared.