Thursday, June 29, 2006

#67: June 29, 2006

Knievel was my first two-legged dog,
Both up front. People found him sad and odd.
Denied the grace of even a tripod,
His nightly walks were slow, ass-dragging slogs.

Then Mitzi, who had both legs in the back:
We invented a harness with a wheel
And strapped it to her chest. That pup could peel
Out like a nitro dragster down the track!

But now there's Ham, whose legs (one at each end)
Present a special challenge--how to cope?
I guess I might train him to walk tightrope...
He could perform at state fairs on weekends.

Yes, Ham's predicament sure is a bad one.
Still, could be worse: suppose he only had one?

3 comments:

Serena said...

Oh, my goodness, what troupers those pups are.:)

Scott Roche said...

This reminded me of a Silverstein poem

Anonymous said...

And not one of them named LUCKY...